Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The best birthday gift

Mama's birthday is coming up in a couple of days, so Daddy and Nicolas planned a nice dinner with all of our friends. The weather was perfect, if a little cool. We dined al fresco...it was lovely. Daddy decided that since we've been canning tomatoes and sauce and salsa and bruschetta like crazy people, he would go with the tomato theme. We ate all of the above...and it was all followed with delicious coconut lime cupcakes (omg! is all I have to say about them!). One of the highlights of the evening for me, was Nicolas singing Happy Birthday to me...to think, only a year ago we met and he could barely say Happy Birthday and now he's singing to his Mama

After everyone had gone home, Nicolas was done his bath and I went in to put on his lotion and get his pj's on. When I went into the bathroom, he was holding his hands closed together like he was hiding something so I asked him what he had, he said "look Mama, it's a star"  I said "oh! you caught a star!" and he said "for you, Happy Mommy's day, Mama!" I squeeked out a thank you, and huged him tight while tears ran down my face. He then told me to put the star in one of the candle holders in the bathroom and told me to water it...so if you come over and see a star in a candle holder...now you'll know why.

Thank you, my sweet little one...Mama loves you so much...thank you for the best birthday gift...ever!

No comments: